Re: String concatenation operator which keeps trailing spaces in CHAR(n) columns

От Andrus
Тема Re: String concatenation operator which keeps trailing spaces in CHAR(n) columns
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

>hm, why do that at all?   how about avoid the char() type and create
>views over tables using rpad when you want space padding:
>create view v_foo as
>  select *, rpad(f, 50, ' ') as f_padded;

I'm creating a converter which converts Visual FoxPro expressions to
Postgres at runtime.
FoxPro expression a+b  produces trailing spaces after a  .
To get same result I need to + or other operator with this behaviour.

Andrus.

От: Merlin Moncure
Сообщение: Re: What query currently running within function
От: Kevin Grittner
Сообщение: Re: User-defined operator function: what parameter type to use for uncast character string?