Re: table not shown

От Lee Wu
Тема Re: table not shown
Список pgsql-admin

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 12:18 PM
To: Lee Wu
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] table not shown

"Lee Wu" <Lwu@mxlogic.com> writes:
> Here is screen shot:

> mxl=# select * from pg_class where relname = 'mxl_quar_process';
> [ no rows ]

> mxl=# select * from mxl_quar_process limit 1;
> [ data ]

That's just plain bizarre.

I'm wondering about corruption of the indexes on pg_class --- though I'd
have expected the system to use an indexscan to look up mxl_quar_process
for the second select, so it's not obvious why the first search would
fail and the second one not.

Your later report about "invalid adnum value 5 for table mxl_user_wbl"
also sounds like it could be due to index corruption.

I'd try doing a REINDEX DATABASE to see if that fixes it.  (Read the
REINDEX man page fully before you start.)

One other thought --- it doesn't change anything if you do
  select * from pg_catalog.pg_class where relname = 'mxl_quar_process';
does it?