Re: Pg_rewind cannot load history wal

От Christophe Pettus
Тема Re: Pg_rewind cannot load history wal
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Aug 4, 2018, at 06:13, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>
> Well, since its creation we have the tool behave this way.  I am not
> sure either that we can have pg_rewind create a checkpoint on the source
> node each time a rewind is done, as it may not be necessary, and it
> would enforce WAL segment recycling more than necessary, so if we were
> to back-patch something like that I am pretty much convinced that we
> would get complains from people already using the tool, with existing
> failover flows which are broken.

Would having pg_rewind do a checkpoint on the source actually cause anything to break, as opposed to a delay while the
checkpointcompletes?  The current situation can create a corrupted target, which seems far worse than just slowing down
pg_rewind.

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof@thebuild.com

От: C GG
Сообщение: PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662