Re: Which CMS/Ecommerce/Shopping cart ?

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: Which CMS/Ecommerce/Shopping cart ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 30 Jul 2010, at 2:25, Bill wrote:

> My guess is that there are a lot of people who know of
> MySQL who have never heard of PostgreSQL.

This is unfortunately still true.
Recently I've been going through a series of job applications at several companies and frequently the IT people I was
talkingto there didn't know Postgres, while they always knew MySQL, Oracle and MSSQL. Some even mistook it for
Progress,which I never heard of until about a year ago - apparently that's some old 4GL commercial database that's
stillin use in places. I had to explain that Postgres is an enterprise level database that's directly competing with
Oracleand MSSQL!

That said, I've also been at several PHP shops that had switched over from MySQL to Postgres because MySQL didn't live
upto their expectations.

This is of course by no means a representative measurement, but from my observations Postgres does seem to be on the
rise.There's still a ways to go to make potential users aware of its existence though.

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4c52a8c2286211512421222!

От: Dean Rasheed
Сообщение: Re: Comparison of Oracle and PostgreSQL full text search
От: Alban Hertroys
Сообщение: Re: Which CMS/Ecommerce/Shopping cart ?