Re: Add trim_trailing_whitespace to editorconfig file

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Add trim_trailing_whitespace to editorconfig file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 14 Feb 2024, at 23:06, Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 11:35 AM Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres@jeltef.nl> wrote:
>>
>> This brings our .gitattributes and .editorconfig files more in line. I
>> had the problem that "git add" would complain often about trailing
>> whitespaces when I was changing sgml files specifically.
>
> +1 from me. But when do we want it to be false? That is, why not
> declare it true for all file types?

Regression test .out files commonly have spaces at the end of the line.  (Not
to mention the ECPG .c files but they probably really shouldn't have.)

--
Daniel Gustafsson

От: Melanie Plageman
Сообщение: Re: Add trim_trailing_whitespace to editorconfig file
От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: When extended query protocol ends?