Re: unaccent extension missing some accents

От Florian Pflug
Тема Re: unaccent extension missing some accents
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Nov7, 2011, at 17:46 , J Smith wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> If OS X's UTF8 locales weren't so thoroughly broken (eg sorting does not
>> work), I might be tempted to try to do it that way, but I still fail
>> to see the point.  After reviewing the code I feel that unaccent needs
>> to be fixed because it's not consistent with the other tsearch config
>> file parsers, and not so much because it works or doesn't work on any
>> specific platform.
>
> Yeah, I never knew there was such a problem with OSX and UTF8 before
> running into it here but it's good to know.

Various issues with OSX and UTF-8 locales seems to come up quite often, yet
we're not really in a position to do anything about them.

Thus, I think we should warn about these issues and save people the trouble
of finding out about this the hard way. The only question is, what would be
a good place for such a warning?

best regards,
Florian Pflug

От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: btree gist known problems
От: J Smith
Сообщение: Re: unaccent extension missing some accents