Re: Add PQsendSyncMessage() to libpq

От Anton Kirilov
Тема Re: Add PQsendSyncMessage() to libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

> On 3 May 2023, at 11:03, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
>
> On 2023-May-02, Robert Haas wrote:
>
>> On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 8:42 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>>> Another thing that may matter in terms of extensibility?  Would a
>>> boolean argument really be the best design?  Could it be better to
>>> have instead one API with a bits32 and some flags controlling its
>>> internals?
>>
>> I wondered that, too. If we never add any more Boolean parameters to
>> this function then that would end up a waste, but maybe we will and
>> then it will be genius. Not sure what's best.
>
> I agree that adding a flag is the way to go, since it improve chances
> that we won't end up with ten different functions in case we decide to
> have eight other behaviors.  One more function and we're done.  And
> while I can't think of any use for a future flag, we (I) already didn't
> of this one either, so let's not make the same mistake.

Thank you all for the feedback! Do you have any thoughts on the other issue with PQpipelineSync() I have mentioned in
myprevious message? Am I just misunderstanding what the code comment means and how the API is supposed to be used by
anychance?

Best wishes,
Anton Kirilov

От: Richard Guo
Сообщение: Introduce join_info_array for direct lookups of SpecialJoinInfo by ojrelid
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Add PQsendSyncMessage() to libpq