Re: performace review

От Jonathan Vanasco
Тема Re: performace review
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Oct 7, 2006, at 3:31 PM, Alexander Staubo wrote:

> I don't see PostgreSQL being "bashed sentence after sentence",
> however -- the two "known limitations" listed for PostgreSQL are
> "slow (even for small datasets)" and "jokes [sic] on 3-table-joins"
> -- and among the open-source databases mentioned, PostgreSQL is
> described as scaling the highest.

did you notice this line
---------------

*** Please note that we do not recommend PostgreSQL for production
use. While PostgreSQL may be fine for many settings this DBMS simply
does not deliver the performance required for openCRX (PostgreSQL
takes minutes/hours to calculate 3-table-joins even for small data
sets).

that sounds to me like someone never vacuumed and analyzed their db.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: increment row number function question
От: Poul Møller Hansen
Сообщение: Re: Sun Java Studio Creator and PostgreSQL