Apply WAL logs after database restore

От Brad Littlejohn
Тема Apply WAL logs after database restore
Дата
Re: Apply WAL logs after database restore
Список pgsql-admin

               Hi all.

               I’m pretty sure that this is a FAQ here, but I’ll ask it, just to get confirmation on what I need to do.

               I have a database sitting on a box running PostgreSQL 8.4, checking in at 190GB. I performed a backup of the database, using pg_dump to get the data out of the database. This is a full level 0 backup of the database. I have WAL-based log shipping enabled on that server.

               I just created a second database server that will be a recovery server, compiled and installed PostgreSQL onto it, and restored the full backup taken from the primary database onto it. Since this wasn’t a base backup (using tar, cpio, etc.), how would I apply the WAL logs to this secondary server, to get it up to current? All of the documentation I’ve read so far uses a base backup. Is there any way to apply the logs generated since that backup created by pg_dump to get the secondary database up to current?

               Brad

* This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and/or privileged information and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.

От: Brad Nicholson
Сообщение: Re: AIX - Out of Memory
От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: Apply WAL logs after database restore