Re: How can I make a two arch libpq for snow leopard?

От Jerry LeVan
Тема Re: How can I make a two arch libpq for snow leopard?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sep 20, 2009, at 7:47 PM, Scott Ribe wrote:

>> The only thing that comes to mind is two separate build trees, one
>> 32bit
>> and the other 64bit and then somehow gluing the two libpqs
>> together...
>
> Basically, probably the easiest way to proceed--man lipo to figure
> out how
> to combine the libraries.

Yes, I found the lipo command this morning after reading the man page
for the
arch command :)

I glued together the x86_64 and i386 libpq5.2.dylibs and copied it into
the pgsql library directory and restarted the server...looks like
it is working ok...

With the fat libpq I was able build both of the database interfaces
pgtcl and psycopg2.

By default the interface libs where created as fat libraries so I
can build/run pg apps using Apple tcl 32/64 bit or Apple python 32/64
bit.
( the arch command can force Apple tcl to run in 32 bit mode).

My remaining problems are:

     1) dblink_connect cannot resolve names, I have to use IP's.

     2) My once rock solid WxPython based Postgresql browser has
        gone sideways. After a couple of selects the app vanishes
        in a puff of smoke or it hangs.

Jerry

От: Abel Camarillo
Сообщение: Re: How to get variable out to shell script
От: abhishekgautam009@gmail.com
Сообщение: Re: Substitutes for some Oracle packages