Re: How to restore a dump containing CASTs into a database with a new user?

От Christophe Pettus
Тема Re: How to restore a dump containing CASTs into a database with a new user?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> On Jul 20, 2020, at 02:28, Thorsten Schöning <tschoening@am-soft.de> wrote:
>
> Would be far easier if Postgres would do that automatically like it
> seems to do for most other objects. The important point is that owning
> those types seems to be per database, so things should be safe to do
> automatically.

I'm not sure I understand exactly how this "feature" would work.  It seems to be "in the case that I am using CASTs
thatinclude internal types and restoring to a different, non-superuser user than the original one in the database that
wasdumped from, change the owner of internal types to make sure that my CAST restores work."  That strikes me as a
*very*ad hoc feature indeed.

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof@thebuild.com

От: Michel Pelletier
Сообщение: Re: how to "explain" some ddl
От: Francisco Olarte
Сообщение: Re: Improvement for query planner? (no, not about count(*) again ;-))