Re: pg_upgrade's object listing

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: pg_upgrade's object listing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 27 Oct 2023, at 10:44, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> I honestly doubt that this sort of message is in any way useful, other
> than for program debugging.  Maybe listing databases and perhaps slots
> in verbose mode is OK, but tables?  I don't think so.

Outputting this in verbose mode is unlikely to help in regular usage and
instead risk drown out other outputs.  It would be more useful to be able to
specify a logfile for objects and keep verbose output for more informational
and actionable messages.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade's object listing
От: shveta malik