Re: Pgadmin III loses connection with remote database and then hangs for a long time.

От Bob McConnell
Тема Re: Pgadmin III loses connection with remote database and then hangs for a long time.
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
From: Guillaume Lelarge

> On 05/26/2011 09:45 AM, Tim Uckun wrote:
>> I am using pgAdmin 1.12.1 oct 21 2010 rev-REL-1_12_1 from Martin
>> Pitt's PPA on ubuntu maverick.
>>
>> Often when I connect to remote database the program seems to lose
>> connection to the database and when this happens it just locks up
>> tight with a blank screen. It stays locked up for a pretty long time
>> and then finally comes back with an error message saying it lost
>> connection. It makes no effort to retry the connection and I usually
>> quit it or kill it at that point.
>>
>> Normally when it hangs up like that I fire off another instance and
>> reconnect to the same database to finish what I was doing.
>>
>> The databases I am connecting to are either not fire walled or have a
>> port open for traffic coming from my workstation.
>
> And no switch between them? Usually, this kind of issues happens
because
> of a faulty firewall or switch.

I have seen similar problems on routers and switches that were
overloaded or misconfigured. Adding memory, or just increasing the
number of buffers available might fix the problem.

Bob McConnell

От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: COMMENT on a wrong object
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: pgadmin installation on Windows XP without administrator rights