PostgreSQL installed in non-standard Directory

От Michelle Konzack
Тема PostgreSQL installed in non-standard Directory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Do not Cc: me, because I am on THIS list, if I write here      *
* Keine Cc: an mich, bin auf DIESER Liste wenn ich hier schreibe *

Hello *,

I have a Very big Server and a dedicated Database to is (Debian
Package Management, BTS, Dynamic Website).  Now I have the whole
Website (29 VHosts) installed on ONE partition.

Since I have no Internet access @home anymore, I want to install
my PostgreSQL in one of the patitions I have created.  To do this,
I want to compile it static, so that it does not need any system
libraries.

I need this, since the Hardisk (WD1500GD, SATA) will be installed
in an existing server of a friend with fast Internet connection.

So, how can I compile PostgreSQL 8.1 static?

(I need this for Apache and PHP5 too)

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)

От: Michelle Konzack
Сообщение: Re: OK, this is a
От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Is there any utility to update the table whenever text file gets changed?