RE: Memory issues with PostgreSQL 15

От Christian Schröder
Тема RE: Memory issues with PostgreSQL 15
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Francisco,
Unfortunately, all disks have plenty of free space, so this can be ruled out as a reason.
I will follow up on the other suggestions from the list.

Best,
Christian

-----Original Message-----
From: Francisco Olarte <folarte@peoplecall.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2024 10:24 AM
To: Christian Schröder <christian.schroeder@wsd.com>
Cc: pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org; Eric Wong <eric.wong@wsd.com>
Subject: Re: Memory issues with PostgreSQL 15

[EXTERNAL]

Hi Christian:

On Wed, 29 May 2024 at 00:59, Christian Schröder <christian.schroeder@wsd.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your advice. I used "ipcs" to get more readable information about the shared memory:
> As far as I understand, there is no upper limit to the size of the shared memory. The database only holds a single
sharedmemory segment, which doesn't seem to have a relevant size.

Seems the same to me, so I will disregard that.

> I am surprised to see this since I would have expected much more shared memory to be used by the database. Is there
anythingin the configuration that prevents the shared memory from being used?

I am not too current with postgres, that one was a thing which happened to me when I did more administration, and is
oneyou always want to check. I assume you have all checked, but I would follow by insuring every mounted partition in
yoursystem has space. I am not current on the details, but I know Pg can be mmaping things and doing other stuff. Your
problemseems more of resource exhaustion, so I would follow by checking that, both disk, tmpfs and all the other stuff.
Icannot give you advice on that as it depends a lot on your server configuration and from the age in the mssages I
suspectyou have the usual suspects debugged. But as you have a configuration crahsing in minutes and it seems to be a
devserver you could do it easily.

Sorry.

   Francisco Olarte.

SUPPORT:
For any issues, inquiries, or assistance, please contact our support team at support@wsd.com. Our dedicated team is
availableto help you and provide prompt assistance.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it
isaddressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your
system.

От: Andrea Gelmini
Сообщение: Re: Memory issues with PostgreSQL 15
От: Christian Schröder
Сообщение: RE: Memory issues with PostgreSQL 15