Re: Pg_dump

От jason cable
Тема Re: Pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
That happens to me too the last time I took dump

From: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 7, 2023 10:26:15 AM
To: Rajesh Kumar <rajeshkumar.dba09@gmail.com>
Cc: Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: Pg_dump

> Readers don't block writers, writers don't block readers in PostgreSQL.
>
> pg_dump is a reader.
>
> --
> Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach, Tel. +49-178-9759012

Additionally, I've done some stress testing and found that pg_dump puts surprisingly low load on our dbs. Of course, like everything else, this dependent on your specifics--after all the dump will require reading all rows, so for instance if you're disk-bound, you could see a performance hit. But generally, if your db is running in a reasonably "healthy" performance range and not already close to limits, pg_dump won't have a performance impact visible to users.