Re: setting up PostgreSQL on Linux RHL9 to allow ODBC

От SCassidy@overlandstorage.com
Тема Re: setting up PostgreSQL on Linux RHL9 to allow ODBC
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks to William and everyone else who answered this.   It works like a
charm!!  PostgreSQL rules!

Susan

                           William Yu

                      <wyu@talisys.com>              To:       pgsql-general@postgresql.org

                           Sent by:                  cc:

                                                     Subject:  Re: [GENERAL] setting up PostgreSQL on Linux RHL9 to
allowODBC connections

                      pgsql-general-owner@pos         |-------------------|

                      tgresql.org                     | [ ] Expand Groups |

                                                      |-------------------|

                           06/22/2005 08:56

                      PM

There's nothing on the server side that needs to be configured for
Windows clients to access Postgres via ODBC. As long as TCP/IP is turned
on. Just add a data source and configure the server
ip/name/port/database/etc.

SCassidy@overlandstorage.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I have seen a bunch of different documentation on how to set up to allow
> ODBC, but I am a little confused about how much/what has to be set up to
> allow an ODBC connection from Windows (mostly 2003, some XP) to an
existing
> PostgreSQL (7.4.6)  database on Linux (RedHat 9  version 2.4.20-6smp).
>
> Most of the documentation is talking about setting up Unix to Unix odbc,
or
> Windows to Windows, not Windows to Unix/Linux.
>
> Some documentation talks about installing the "full" distribution on
> Windows, but I just want to allow some Windows software that "speaks"
ODBC

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Corrupted index
От: Sven Willenberger
Сообщение: Re: Postfix/Maildrop and too many connections issues