Re: vacuum full & max_fsm_pages question

От Patrick Hatcher
Тема Re: vacuum full & max_fsm_pages question
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

I upgraded to 7.4.3 this morning and did a vacuum full analyze on the problem table and now the indexes show the correct number of records

Patrick Hatcher
Macys.Com

Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>
Sent by: pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org

09/21/04 10:49 AM

"Patrick Hatcher" <pathat@comcast.net>
cc
"Robert Treat" <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>, <pgsql-performance@postgresql.org>
Subject
Re: [PERFORM] vacuum full & max_fsm_pages question

Patrick,

> Sorry.  I wrote PG 7.4.2 and then I erased it to write something else and
> then forgot to add it back.

Odd.  You shouldn't be having to re-vacuum on 7.4.

> And thanks for the Page info.  I was getting frustrated and looked in the
> wrong place.
>
> So it's probably best to drop and readd the indexes then?

Well, I have to wonder if you've not run afoul of the known 7.4.2 bug
regarding indexes.   This system hasn't had an improper database shutdown or
power-out in the last few weeks, has it?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

     joining column's datatypes do not match