Re: composite data type question

От Jessica M Salmon
Тема Re: composite data type question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Michael.
I suppose I will have to find another way to represent the data, yes.
We are tracking fire progress across a landscape, based on processing of
MODIS (http://modis.gsfc.nasa.gov/) data.
Thanks again,
Meghan

             Michael Fuhr
             <mike@fuhr.org>
             06/07/2006 07:59          Jessica M Salmon
             AM                        <jmsalmon@fs.fed.us>
                                                                        cc
                                       pgsql-general@postgresql.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [GENERAL] composite data type
                                       question

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 11:40:05AM -0600, Jessica M Salmon wrote:
> I am brand new to creating my own data types in postgres. I first created
> type called "indices", containing two integers. Now, I want to create
> another type, called "progress", which should contain one timestamp and
an
> array of "indices". However, I cannot figure out how to get postgres to
> recognize the array of my home-brewed composite data type as a valid data
> type. Can I just insert a new element into the pg_type table, for a type
> called "_indices"?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/arrays.html

"Arrays of any built-in or user-defined base type can be created.
(Arrays of composite types or domains are not yet supported,
however.)"

What are you trying to model?  Have you considered other ways of
representing it?

--
Michael Fuhr

От: "sergey kapustin"
Сообщение: ERROR: for SELECT DISTINCT, ORDER BY expressions must appear in select list
От: tom.darci@gmail.com
Сообщение: SessionID, pretty please