Re: Performance comparison between Postgres and Greenplum

От Suvankar Roy
Тема Re: Performance comparison between Postgres and Greenplum
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your input Scott.

But, then being a Massively Parallel Processing Database, is Greenplum not expected to outperform versions of Postgres higher than on which it is based.

My notion was that GP 3.3 (based on PostgreSQL 8.2.13) would exceed PG 8.3.7.

It seems that I was wrong here.

Regards,

Suvankar Roy

Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>

07/15/2009 03:00 PM

Suvankar Roy <suvankar.roy@tcs.com>
cc
pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject
Re: [PERFORM] Performance comparison between Postgres and Greenplum

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 11:33 PM, Suvankar Roy<suvankar.roy@tcs.com> wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> This is what I have got -
> In Greenplum, version PostgreSQL 8.2.13 (Greenplum Database 3.3.0.1 build 4) on
> i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC)

> In Postgres, version PostgreSQL 8.3.7, compiled by Visual C++ build 1400
> (1 row)

I wouldn't expect 8.2.x to outrun 8.3.x

ForwardSourceID:NT00004AD2
and any attachments. Thank you

От: Alex
Сообщение: Strange memory behavior with rails - caching in connection?
От: "Lauris Ulmanis"
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #4919: CREATE USER command slows down system performance