Re: Postgresql Text field / Visual FoxPro Memo and ODBC

От MargaretGillon@chromalloy.com
Тема Re: Postgresql Text field / Visual FoxPro Memo and ODBC
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com> wrote on 01/12/2005 01:36:34 PM:

> On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 15:28, MargaretGillon@chromalloy.com wrote:
> > Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com> wrote on 01/12/2005 01:06:30
PM:

> > into
> > Postgresql
> > back.
> > text

> > around
> > >
> > > Postgresql doesn't support updatable cursors.
> >
> > The updateable cursors are inside the FoxPro software. By using them I
> > always get the table's current structure to build a UI on. Foxpro has
an
> > UpdateTable command that is used with the cursor. The command sends the
> > data back with updates and inserts via ODBC. I have been doing this for
> > month now, and it's going fine, but today is the first time I tried to
> > include data in the TEXT field.
>

> Ahh, ok.  Misunderstood what your method was.
>
> Is there a setting in your ODBC driver for memo as text or something
> like that?  It's been a while since I played with pgsql from a windows /
> odbc box, so I am a bit rusty here. It's just a wild guess.

On my Windows box the Postgresql ODBC driver is set with TEXT AS
LongVarChar, with a maximum length of 8190. FoxPro then turns the
LongVarChar into a Memo.

Margaret Gillon, IS Dept., Chromalloy Los Angeles, ext. 297

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: index on user defined type
От: Josué Maldonado
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql Text field / Visual FoxPro Memo and ODBC