RE: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby

От Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu)
Тема RE: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday, February 29, 2024 11:16 AM Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu) <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, February 28, 2024 7:36 PM Bertrand Drouvot
> <bertranddrouvot.pg@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > 4 ===
> >
> > Regarding the test, what about adding one to test the "new" behavior
> > discussed up-thread? (logical replication will wait if slot mentioned
> > in standby_slot_names is dropped and/or does not exist when the engine
> > starts?)
>
> Will think about this.

I think we could add a test to check the warning message for dropped slot, but
since similar wait/warning functionality has been tested, I prefer to leave
this for now and can consider it again after the main patch and tests are
stabilized considering the previous experience of BF instability with this
feature.

Best Regards,
Hou zj

От: "Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu)"
Сообщение: RE: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: pread, pwrite, etc return ssize_t not int