RE: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby

От Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu)
Тема RE: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday, May 23, 2024 1:34 PM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the comments. I addressed most of the comments except the
following one which I am not sure:

> 5b.
> Patch says "on the subscriber node", but isn't that the simplest case?
> e.g. maybe there are multiple nodes having subscriptions for these
> publications. Maybe the sentence needs to account for case of subscribers on
> >1 nodes.

I think it's not necessary mention the multiple nodes case, as in that case, user can just
perform the same steps on each node that have failover subscription.

> Is there no way to discover this information by querying the publisher?

I am not aware of the way for user to get the necessary info such as replication origin
progress on the publisher, because such information is only available on subscriber.

Attach the V4 doc patch which addressed Peter and Bertrand's comments.

Best Regards,
Hou zj

От: "Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu)"
Сообщение: RE: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: More performance improvements for pg_dump in binary upgrade mode