RE: [PoC] pg_upgrade: allow to upgrade publisher node

От Wei Wang (Fujitsu)
Тема RE: [PoC] pg_upgrade: allow to upgrade publisher node
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 11, 2023 at 10:12 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Kuroda-san. I checked again the v11-0001.
>
> Here are a few more review comments.
>
> ======
> src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dump.c
>
> 1. help
>
>   printf(_("  --inserts                    dump data as INSERT
> commands, rather than COPY\n"));
>   printf(_("  --load-via-partition-root    load partitions via the
> root table\n"));
> + printf(_("  --logical-replication-slots-only\n"
> + "                               dump only logical replication slots,
> no schema or data\n"));
>   printf(_("  --no-comments                do not dump comments\n"));
>
> Now you removed the PG Docs for the internal pg_dump option based on
> my previous review comment (see [2]#1). So does it mean this "help"
> also be removed so this option will be completely invisible to the
> user? I am not sure, but if you do choose to remove this help then
> probably a comment should be added here to explain why it is
> deliberately not listed.

I'm not sure if there is any reason to not expose this new option? Do we have
concerns that users who use this new option by mistake may cause data
inconsistencies?

BTW, I think that all options of pg_dump (please see the array of long_options
in the main function of the pg_dump.c file) are currently exposed to the user.

Regards,
Wang wei

От: Peter Smith
Сообщение: Redundant strlen(query) in get_rel_infos
От: "Wei Wang (Fujitsu)"
Сообщение: RE: [PoC] pg_upgrade: allow to upgrade publisher node