RE: Single transaction in the tablesync worker?

От osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: Single transaction in the tablesync worker?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

On Friday, February 5, 2021 5:51 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 12:36 PM osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com
> <osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> >
> > We need to add some tests to prove the new checks of AlterSubscription()
> work.
> > I chose TAP tests as we need to set connect = true for the subscription.
> > When it can contribute to the development, please utilize this.
> > I used v28 to check my patch and works as we expect.
> >

> Thanks for writing the tests but I don't understand why you need to set
> connect = true for this test? I have tried below '... with connect = false' and it
> seems to be working:
> postgres=# CREATE SUBSCRIPTION mysub
> postgres-#          CONNECTION 'host=localhost port=5432
> dbname=postgres'
> postgres-#         PUBLICATION mypublication WITH (connect = false);
> WARNING:  tables were not subscribed, you will have to run ALTER
> SUBSCRIPTION ... REFRESH PUBLICATION to subscribe the tables CREATE
> SUBSCRIPTION postgres=# Begin; BEGIN postgres=*# Alter Subscription
> mysub Refresh Publication;
> ERROR:  ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... REFRESH is not allowed for disabled
> subscriptions
>
> So, if possible lets write this test in src/test/regress/sql/subscription.sql.
OK. I changed the place to write the tests for those.

> I have another idea for a test case: What if we write a test such that it fails PK
> violation on copy and then drop the subscription. Then check there shouldn't
> be any dangling slot on the publisher? This is similar to a test in
> subscription/t/004_sync.pl, we can use some of that framework but have a
> separate test for this.
I've added this PK violation test to the attached tests.
The patch works with v28 and made no failure during regression tests.

Best Regards,
    Takamichi Osumi

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: pg_replication_origin_drop API potential race condition
От: Petr Jelinek
Сообщение: Re: Single transaction in the tablesync worker?