psql 15beta1 does not print notices on the console until transaction completes

От Alastair McKinley
Тема psql 15beta1 does not print notices on the console until transaction completes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

I notice this change in behaviour with psql in 15beta1 when testing an existing codebase.

I didn't see any mention of this change in the release notes and it surprised me.

Using this test function:

    create or replace function test_notice() returns void as
    $$
    begin
        raise notice 'hello';
        perform pg_sleep(10);
    end; $$ language plpgsql;

In psql 15beta1, the "hello" message only appears on the console when the transaction completes.

in psql 14.3, it appears immediately as I would have expected.

Is there a way to change psql behaviour to display notices immediately as in versions < 15?

Best regards,

Alastair

От: Alastair McKinley
Сообщение: Re: Function definition regression in 15beta1 when specific parameter name (string) is used
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: psql 15beta1 does not print notices on the console until transaction completes