Re: [HACKERS] Re: Freezing docs for v6.5

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Freezing docs for v6.5
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Re: Freezing docs for v6.5  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Tom Lane wrote:

> The two bugs I am really concerned about right now are the
> inheritance-vs-GROUP-BY issue and the bogus-cache-entries-not-flushed-
> at-xact-abort issue, because I am not sure I know enough to fix either
> one right, and there is very little testing time left.  These are bad
> bugs, but they exist in older releases too, so maybe we should just
> leave 'em alone for 6.5?  Opinions?  (There seem to be some nontrivial
> open issues in locking and segmented relations, too, so maybe there is
> enough stuff here to delay the release while we fix these things?)

If the 'bugs' aren't something new we created since v6.4.2, leave them
alone...would be nice to fix them, but nobody expected them to work to
date, so leavign it for v6.6 (or even a v6.5.1) is acceptable...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.5 items
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Freezing docs for v6.5