Re: [HACKERS] Re: Case-folding bogosity in new psql

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Case-folding bogosity in new psql
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Re: Case-folding bogosity in new psql  (Don Baccus <dhogaza@pacifier.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Lamar Owen wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > Personal opinion: I think we are coming across a little harder on Peter
> > then most of us are intending :(  I think we're blowing a few
> > misconceptions a little out of proportion, which is just fueling things
> > further ...
>
> And the subject line doesn't help, IMHO.  'Bogosity' is pretty strong --
> 'bugosity' might be better.....

Agreed here too ... I think what has been setting off a lot of the 'red
flags' is a larger then normal number of 'buggy commits' ... stuff that
has to be done, but hasn't been as well thought out/discussed as it should
have been ...

Peter is learning ... in some ways, we threw him into the 'commit arena'
alot faster then we normally would have because of how active/busy he was
... normally, we've waited longer to force the person to get used to how
things operate ... Peter has been getting "on the job training" here :)

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

От: Lamar Owen
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Case-folding bogosity in new psql
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] freefuncs.c is never called from anywhere!?