DELETE FROM tableA WHERE NOT IN tableB ...

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема DELETE FROM tableA WHERE NOT IN tableB ...
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
And now for todays trick question ...

have two tables, one of them is simple a string and a serial value, the
second one is the serial value and more data ...

I want to clean out all records from tableB older then date (that is
easy), then I want to clean out all values from tableB where there is no
corresponding record in tableB ...

basically tableA's serial field is unique, but tableB's could have
multiple records associated with.

basically, what i've tried to do in a SELECT is something like:

SELECT referer_id  FROM referer_data
EXCEPT      SELECT distinct(referer_id) FROM referer_link;

But after 15 minutes, that's still running, so obviously that won't work ...

I can do it "in perl", but would love to come up with a nice, elegant, 'in
server' method of doing this instead :)

Thanks...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Alexander Stetsenko
Сообщение: trouble with null
От: "Moray McConnachie"
Сообщение: Re: DELETE FROM tableA WHERE NOT IN tableB ...