Re: Re: [GENERAL] +/- Inf for float8's

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: Re: [GENERAL] +/- Inf for float8's
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 20 Aug 2000, Ben Adida wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>
> > the problem as I see it with any bug tracking tool is someone has to close
> > off those bugs when fixed ... right now, someone commits a bug fix, and
> > then fires off an email to the list stating its fixed ... with a bug
> > tracking system, then they have to go one more step, open up a web
> > browser, login to the system, find the bug report and close it ...
>
> With something like the SDM, the developer can also just mark that bug
> fixed online and whoever requested notifications (like maybe the
> pgsql-hackers mailing list) can get a one-liner automated email. This
> is great for individual users who are particularly interested in
> seeing one bug fixed: they request notification on that bug, and only
> get notifications that pertain to it...

what we'd need would be soemthing where a person enters the bug report, it
gets email'd out to -bugs so that developers see it ... if a developer
comments on it, it should go from taht email into the database ... if a
developer fixes it, there should be an easy email mechanism whereby the
developer can close it ...

maybe somethign so simple as those with commit access, who can fix the
bugs, have a passwd that they can include, like majordomo, in their email
to a central 'admin' mailbox that they can send a mesage to like:

passwd <passwd> close #1

От: Philip Warner
Сообщение: Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: CREATE/DROP SCHEMA considered harmful