DST and time zones

От brew@theMode.com
Тема DST and time zones
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
A Gilmore......

> Of course this is wrong since DST is in affect, so it should be 'pdt'
> not 'pst'.  I understand that postgresql doesn't do this itself, it uses
> the OS, however does anyone know a crafty way to get the current time in
> any timezone, whether DST is in effect or not?

I think Debian Linux and FreeBSD have a chose of EST or ESTEDT, the later
gives EDT if it is in effect.  Probably the same thing exists for most
timezones (or at least ones that have areas that may or may not observe
DT.

brew

                  Strange Brew   (brew@theMode.com)
     Check out my Musician's Online Database Exchange (The MODE Pages)
                        http://www.TheMode.com

От: A Gilmore
Сообщение: DST and time zones
От: "M. Bastin"
Сообщение: Re: Importing data into postgreSQL from FileMaker?