Re: [SQL] using like

От Brett W. McCoy
Тема Re: [SQL] using like
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, 25 May 1999, JT Kirkpatrick wrote:

> i'm trying to query my database (6.4.2 through odbc ms access) to find all
> records matching a "like" statement.  from psql i am trying this -- select
> autoinv, company from table1 where company like 'Alice'; -- but it doesn't
> work!  i could run whatever works in psql as a passthrough query in
> access97, if i could get it to work in psql!  i'd expect the query to pull

You need to use the wildcard for like clauses, which is % in pgsql, but
Access uses '*':

select autoinv, company from table1 where company like '%Alice%';

Brett W. McCoy                                                   http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy
You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could
know how seldom they do.    -- Olin Miller.