Re: [HACKERS] Date/time types: big change

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Date/time types: big change
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> I've just committed changes to "reunify" the date/time types.
> "timestamp" and "interval" are now the two primary date/time types for
> users. Also, I've changed the default date style to "ISO" (not just in
> time for Y2K, but we'll be ready for "Y3K").

I still don't like our Y2038 status. ;)

Anyway, the question I have is what did you do with functions such as
datetimein() or comparison functions and such for the old types? Did you
remove them? What if some, say, user-defined trigger function uses them?

The reason I'm asking is that I would like to see the floating point types
converted to SQL in a similar fashion, but when I rename, say, float4eq to
realeq it might break user applications. Or not? This is all hypothetical
of course.

От: Thomas Lockhart
Сообщение: Date/time types: big change
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Date/time types: big changeu