Re: [SQL] Porting MySQL's DESCRIBE and ENUM features

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [SQL] Porting MySQL's DESCRIBE and ENUM features
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I would myself be interested to see how the check constraints are stored,
so I can put this into the psql \d command.

mySQL's DESCRIBE is the same as the \d command in psql (Note: psql !=
Pgsql). There is no backend-level command doing this, but you are free to
query the system catalogues similar to how psql does it.

So it seems like there is no need to do a whole lot of work here. As soon
as I get the word on the contraints, I'll implement them.
-Peter

On Sat, 13 Nov 1999, Mark Stosberg wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I'm helping to port some somewhere from MySQL to Postgres, and am
> looking for an equivalent to MySQL's DESCRIBE function. Do you know of
> one for Postgres?
>   Specifically, one way DESCRIBE is used in this software is to get the
> values from ENUM, where a MySQL column declaration might look like this:
>
> ReceiveMail        ENUM ('Yes', 'No') NOT NULL DEFAULT 'Yes',
>
>   I can get the same functionality in Postgres like this, but what can
> use to get the values back of what's being checked? Thanks!
>
> ReceiveMail        CHAR(3) check(ReceiveMail in ('Yes', 'No')) NOT NULL
> DEFAULT 'Yes',
>
>      -mark
> personal website                <    Summersault Website Design
>    http://mark.stosberg.com/     >       http://www.summersault.com/

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Mark Stosberg
Сообщение: Porting MySQL's DESCRIBE and ENUM features
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] Porting MySQL's DESCRIBE and ENUM features