offtopic: db-processing speedup in C

От Engard Ferenc
Тема offtopic: db-processing speedup in C
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi all,

If I want to speedup a simple query (simple enough to implement
effectively (and easily ;) in C), one way is to fetch the whole table
into memory, and work from there directly. Now, if the table is
fairly big, then I need to use index(es). Is there a C lib with
appropriate funcs to use if I want to reach better speed than the
sql-server?

I just want to use simple queries like this:

SELECT a.* b.value1 b.value2 FROM a,b WHERE a.b=b.key;

>From what number of records in 'b' is suggested to use an index on
b.key?

Thx:
Circum
__  @
/  \    _   _                                           Engard Ferenc
l    | ( \ /  | | (\/)                      mailto:s-fery@kkt.sote.hu
\__/ | |   \_ \_/ I  I                    http://pons.sote.hu/~s-fery

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Jackson, DeJuan"
Сообщение: RE: [SQL] Re: pgsql-sql-digest V1 #225
От: Engard Ferenc
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] Slow Inserts Leads To Unable To Dump