Re: Problems with joining two table

Тема Re: Problems with joining two table
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
you need a sql book: you sumarized your question so well, you can find the
answer in any sql book in a minute, literally:

select
a.some, a.someelse, a.reference,
b.referee, b.somesome, b.somesomeelse
from tableA a, tableB b
where b.referee = a.refference
hope helps.

Kai
On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Rudolph, Michael wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have two tables, the first one has one column as a reference to the index of the second. Not every row in the first
tablehas a reference to the second table. I now want to make a query to get all information of the first table and, if
thereis a reference, the corresponding information of the second table in that row. In another programming language I
wouldjust make an if-clause but how can I do this in SQL?