Re: [ADMIN] Install problems (libpq.so.1)

От Robert J. Sprawls
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Install problems (libpq.so.1)
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, astromonk wrote:

> Hello:
>
> where can I find libpq.so.1?
>
> I am trying to install DBI/DBD for postgreSQL. I found
> perl-DBI-1.06-1.i386.rpm on rpmfind.net and it installed just fine but
> when I tried to install perl-DBD-Pg-0.91-1.i386.rpm I get a message that
>
> this package needs libpq.so.1.  What package do I need to install to
> find libpq.so.1?  Is there a later version of perl-DBD in RPMS format
> out there?
> I am really adverse to putting anything on my system that is not in rpm
> format.

libpq is the C programmer's interface to PostgreSQL server, and is
included with PostgreSQL. Do a "locate libpq" and see what version you
have. You might be able to get away with creating a symbolic link to one
of the libpq's you have. If not, you'll need to find an older version of
PostgreSQL or libpq or find a newer version of perl-DBD-Pg-0.91. Sometimes
you have to skirt the RPM.

Robert

От: Dmitry Morozovsky
Сообщение: read-only databases
От: Mike Mascari
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Problem with a GROUP BY clause