Re: [SQL] create table with default value...

От Stuart Rison
Тема Re: [SQL] create table with default value...
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Salut Frederic,

Not quite sure why you'd want to do what you're asking to do but the
following works:

DROP TABLE prova1;
CREATE TABLE prova1 (
u_id int8 DEFAULT nextval('u_id_seq'),
name varchar(50) DEFAULT 'NT_' || currval('u_id_seq'),
extra_field text
);

test=> select * from prova1;
u_id|name|extra_field
----+----+-----------
(0 rows)

test=> insert into prova1 (extra_field) values ('look');
INSERT 2217966 1
test=> insert into prova1 (extra_field) values ('no');
INSERT 2217967 1
test=> insert into prova1 (extra_field) values ('hands!');
INSERT 2217968 1
test=> select * from prova1;
u_id|name|extra_field
----+----+-----------  1|NT_1|look  2|NT_2|no  3|NT_3|hands!
(3 rows)

test=>

The reason why I'm not quite sure why you'd want to do this is that the
field name would be redundant.  You could simply obtain it using a select.
e.g.:

test=> SELECT u_id, 'NT_'::text || u_id::text AS name, extra_field FROM
prova1;
u_id|name|extra_field
----+----+-----------  1|NT_1|look  2|NT_2|no  3|NT_3|hands!
(3 rows)

test=>

HTH,

Regards,

Stuart.

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Frederic boucher wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a table with a Unique ID named U_ID that come from a sequence like
> that :
>
> create table the_table(
>   U_ID integer default NEXTVAL('THE_SEQUENCE'),
>
> and I would like to have a field of type varchar that would be something
> like
>
> create table the_table(
>   U_ID integer default NEXTVAL('THE_SEQUENCE'),
>   name varchar(50) default 'NT_'+itoa(U_ID)
> );
>
> so the field 'name' would be the string concatenation of "NT_" and the
> string value of the field U_ID.
>
> Is there a way to do this?
>
> Thanks for your precious help!  ;)
>
> \fb

> ************

Stuart C. G. Rison
6th floor, Darwin Building, University College London (UCL)
Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
Tel. 0207 504 2303, Fax. 0207 380 7193
e-mail: rison@biochem.ucl.ac.uk

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Frederic boucher"
Сообщение: create table with default value...
От: "Frederic boucher"
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] create table with default value...