Re: Language C - Console-based FrontEnd

От Marcelo Pereira
Тема Re: Language C - Console-based FrontEnd
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Again,

We are working in a big project. Then we have to have the following:

. A huge database;
. A text-based interface to be acessed all around the company. There will
  be a lot of diskless stations (X11 not supported), a lot, to make the
  job easier (The idea is: 'There is a machine near you, always');
. A graphic interface (in planning), wrote in Tcl/tk, Kylix or any graphic
  language (to be defined), to be accessed by administrative depths.
. A web interface, to external persons have access to statistic data.

So, I have a single database and three interfaces. Each one to each type
of depth.

I think it is a good idea. And I have to program the console-based
interface soon. I would like to tell someone who have already used C,
curses and ncurses to program this type of interface.

Thanks in advance,

See ya,

Marcelo Pereira
Programmer

-- Remember that only God and Esc+:w saves.
        __
       (_.\           Marcelo Pereira       |
        / / ___       marcelo@pereira.com   |
       / (_/ _ \__    Matematica/99 - Imecc |
_______\____/_\___)___Unicamp_______________/

--- You, with your fast fingers, wrote:

:> On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Marcelo Pereira wrote:
:>
:> > Hi,
:> >
:> > But I wouldn't like to port my php code. I really would like to make
:> > another interface. I would like to experience C... but I dunno where
:> > to start.
:>
:> I thought PHP was as server side scripting language.  So you would only
:> have to clean up any stuff that relied on graphics to make it work with
:> a text based browser.
:>    I just tried lynx going to a site I know uses PHP and it worked fine.
:> Only problem was the site used frames. (For some reason links stopped
:> working on my home system - too many upgrades that appear to have broken
:> some libraries - so I could not try it.)  But otherwise it worked fine I
:> just selected the main frame and went right into the site.
:>
:>
:> Rod
:> --
:>                  Remove the word 'try' from your vocabulary ...
:>                      Don't try.  Do it or don't do it ...
:>                                 Steers try!
:>
:>                                                             Don Aslett
:>
:>
:>

От: Daniel Freedman
Сообщение: PostgreSQL at Federal Open Source Conference...
От: Shaun Thomas
Сообщение: Re: How Postgresql Compares For Query And Load Operations