Re: TOAST (was: BLOB)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: TOAST (was: BLOB)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Jan Wieck writes:

>     Really?  I  remember  that  someday it was "if I'm waiting 60
>     seconds for my lock, ...". What a change.
>
>     What's the exact location of that parameter to change?

include/config.h:#define DEADLOCK_CHECK_TIMER 1

This only has second resolution. I changed it to milliseconds for my
configuration clean-up (details coming soon), but I'm not sure if that's
worth a lot.

The logic behind this is in backend/storage/lmgr/proc.c.

>     Only that there
>     are hundreds of functions in utils/adt and contrib that  need
>     to be looked at.

What datatypes besides text'ish and binary data'ish do you want to toast?
SQL(3) only defines CLOB and BLOB, so they might be thinking along my
lines. I mean surely having toastable polygons and numerics has some
theoretical value but is it worth bothering?