copy entire database to a second machine

От John McKown
Тема copy entire database to a second machine
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This was really asked on another list, but I think it is interesting. Is
there a way to copy an entire database to a second machine other than
doing a pgdump? I.e. use ftp to copy the entire subdirectroy. But then how
to update the system tables? I couldn't think of one that was easy. I
guess a C program could do it by doing appropriate queries on the source
server and sending the information to the destination server.

Just curious,
John

От: "Mitch Vincent"
Сообщение: Re: Increasing system speed by using -F option
От: Dave Smith
Сообщение: Re: Increasing system speed by using -F option