Re: please help

От Cedar Cox
Тема Re: please help
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
It would be somewhat (very) useful to have something like this.  We were
toying with the idea of making some sort of system to figure out if a
table is locked or not.  In the end we decided to go with executing this
asynchronously and after a given timeout ask the user if they would like
to wait or cancel the request.  Something like this may or may not work
for you..

-Cedar

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Loïc Bourgeois wrote:

> Yes but the option NOWAIT say to the instruction SELECT ... FOR UPDATE
> to not wait the unlock but to return the information the lines can't be
> lock.
> (Must retry late).
>

> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
> > Loïc Bourgeois writes:
> >
> >> What is the equivalent of the oracle request: SELECT ... FOR UPDATE
> >> NOWAIT, under PostGreSQL
> >

> > I don't know Oracle, but there doesn't seem to be such a command in
> > PostgreSQL.  If the table is already locked, the SELECT FOR UPDATE has to
> > wait.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Cedar Cox
Сообщение: Re: Double-nesting quotes?
От: Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Сообщение: Re: open and closed paths ...