Re: Quick SQL question . . .

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: Quick SQL question . . .
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Is it just me or do the suggestion made look wrong to anyone else?

Anyway, this is the closest to my mind and I think what I think is the mistake
is just a typo. So I would use.

SELECT identno, count(identno)
   FROM some_table
   GROUP BY identno
   HAVING count(identno) > 1

or even

SELECT count(1) FROM (
   SELECT count(identno)
      FROM some_table
      GROUP BY identno
      HAVING count(identno) > 1) a

either one of which will return one of more rows if Peter's uniqueness test
fails.

Right, now someone can correct me :)

--
Nigel J. Andrews
Director

---
Logictree Systems Limited
Computer Consultants

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: trouble with (lack of) indexing
От: Søren Boll Overgaard
Сообщение: Re: trouble with (lack of) indexing