Re: Inheritance docs error.

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Inheritance docs error.
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Paul Govereau writes:

> I have noticed some errors in the 7.1 Documentation.
> Specifically, in the sections involving inheritance.
>
> In Chapter 8. it shows syntax of:
>  create table <name> UNDER <name> ( ... )
>
> In Reference Manual CREATE TABLE shows syntax of:
>  create table <name> ( ... ) under <name>
>
> In psql, \h create table shows syntax of:
>  create table <name> ( ... ) inherits (<name>)
>
> It seems that the last one is correct -- or at least works for me.

They are all correct:  UNDER is the new SQL99 syntax, INHERITS is the
traditional Postgres syntax.  The reason that psql \h shows the old syntax
is that the current snapshots are distributed with the old (7.0)
documentation, whereas you probably got the first two things off the web.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Rather incorrect text in admin guide
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Inheritance docs error.