Re: timestamps cannot be created without time zones

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: timestamps cannot be created without time zones
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Bruce Momjian writes:

> Let me see if I follow here.  If I am in the Eastern timezone and enter
> a time for 9pm, 1/1/1850, and someone else in the Central timezone
> enters the same time, if I look at the two dates from the Eastern
> timezone I will see mine as 9pm and the other as 10pm?

That's exactly what happens, only that the central time would probably
show 8pm.

> Wow, I wonder if that is bad?

Depends on the application.  I do wonder how the backend gets to know the
time zone from the front end.  export PGTZ seems to do that, but not
export TZ, which is the standard variable.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Bug #424: JDBC driver security issue.
От: Tomasz Zielonka
Сообщение: Re: Strange deadlock problem on simple concurrent SELECT/LOCK TABLE transactions