Re: Heads up: 7.3.3 this Wednesday

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Heads up: 7.3.3 this Wednesday
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 19 May 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au> writes:
> >> This deadlocks in 7.3, but works in CVS tip.
>
> > Hmmm...I suspect this will remove a lot of the FK deadlocks I see in my logs
> > all the time...does seem like a bug doesn't it?
>
> Yeah.  I'm just worried that there might be some downside we've not
> spotted yet.  I'd feel better about it if *anyone* had reported
> successful production use of the patch in the month since it's been
> available.  I thought one or two people had expressed the intention
> to run the patch when Jan offered it ... where are they?

I'd be glad to test it, but we don't have any issues with fk deadlocks
since our load is 99% read, 1% write, and most of the tables with fks on
them only have a handful of writers, so any testing I would do would
probably just be the "we used it in production and it didn't die" kind of
testing.

От: Kaare Rasmussen
Сообщение: Re: Calling external program from trigger
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Heads up: 7.3.3 this Wednesday