Re: Moving from MySQL to PGSQL....some questions (multilevel

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Moving from MySQL to PGSQL....some questions (multilevel
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, [UTF-8] Paulovič Michal wrote:

> how you solve the problem with multilevel autoicrement?
>
> In MySQL you create table with col1, col2. Col 2 is AUTOICREMENT and you
> have to create UNIQUE INDEX (Col1, Col2). If you insert to this table
> for col1 volume 1, col2 automaticaly increase by one.
>
> Example:
> Insert into table values (1);
> Insert into table values (1);
> Insert into table values (2);
> Insert into table values (1);
> Insert into table values (2);

I did this in MySQL and got this:

create table test (id1 int, id2 int auto_increment, primary key(id2));
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> alter table test add unique index (id1, id2);
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.09 sec)
Records: 0  Duplicates: 0  Warnings: 0

mysql> insert into test (id1) values (1);
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> insert into test (id1) values (1);
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> insert into test (id1) values (2);
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> insert into test (id1) values (1);
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> insert into test (id1) values (2);
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from test;
+------+-----+
| id1  | id2 |
+------+-----+
|    1 |   1 |
|    1 |   2 |
|    1 |   4 |
|    2 |   3 |
|    2 |   5 |
5 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I'm running an older flavor of 3.23.41, it's what came with RH 7.2

Or did I do something different?

От: Phil Campaigne
Сообщение: Setting up Postgresql on Linux
От: Josué Maldonado
Сообщение: Record order change after update