Re: BOOLEAN question

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: BOOLEAN question
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Josh Berkus writes:

> I wrote a MAX(bool), what are the chances it would get added to the core?   I
> don't see any good reason not to have one.

One reason not to have one is that Boolean values are not naturally
ordered, so a maximum doesn't exist.  (Yes, I know there are comparison
operators defined for boolean, but that doesn't make it right.)

What seems more reasonable is to define conjuntion and disjunction
aggregates, which would mostly do the same thing but their semantics
wouldn't be as controversial.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Josh Berkus"
Сообщение: Re: BOOLEAN question
От: "James Adams"
Сообщение: Selecting * from the base table but getting the inheriteds columns