Re: psql and readline

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: psql and readline
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Eric B.Ridge writes:

> What about expanding the history capabilities of psql's history command
> (\s) to include something more bash/tcsh-like?  For example:
>     !insert
>        -- execute the last command that began with "insert"
>     !23
>        -- execute item #23 in my history

If you peruse the documentation of the readline and history libraries you
should find that those features already exist.  For example, you can use
C-r and C-s to search through the history.  AFAIK, bash just uses readline
as is, so anything that works there should work for psql as well.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

От: Justin Clift
Сообщение: Re: Anyone have a fresh Solaris 8 SPARC system to create
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: SQL flagger