Re:

От Serguei A. Mokhov
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

> Le Mercredi 1 Octobre 2003 20:05, Andreas Pflug a écrit :
> > This is not a bug of PostgreSQL, nor of pgAdmin. SQL_ASCII database
> > *should* contain only 7bit ascii characters. If you use 8-bit
> > characters, conversion is unpredictable (well, it *is* predictable,
> > but probably not what you'd like to see)
>
> IMHO, SQL_ASCII database contain more than 7bit characters. I used it
> several times to store Frenc accentuated text and it worked like a
> charm. The name "ASCII" may not be well chosen. It contains more than
> ASCII presently.

Indeed, no one has forbidden extended-ASCII chars :) Though these would be
interpreted differntly. My 256 char ASCII table is different from yours
presentation-wise. But you can't control it uniformly unless you
explicitly tell how to enterpret. I wanna see my Cyrillic chars and not
the diacritics of Latin chars, for example. An Indian friedn of mind would
like to see their Hindi chars there instead, so... You are lucky because
your accented chars are the deault representation. There could potentially
be a need to tell the UI which ASCII it is, not sure how it is.

--
Serguei A. Mokhov            |  /~\    The ASCII
Computer Science Department  |  \ / Ribbon Campaign

    "I swear, education is the only industry, where
      the consumer is happier when they get less
       for their money" -- Julia Timofeev

От: "Hiroshi Saito"
Сообщение: Re:
От: Andreas Pflug
Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin III under wxCocoa